• Dreamakers Interior

Buying A New House In Singapore New Buyer 2021 Guide

Purchasing a house your very own house has always been a Singaporean dream.

Whether you are doing purchasing a new BTO flat, or a resale one, we got you covered!


Cost of a Singaporean Home

Average cost of a Singaporean house in 2021 are as follows:

HDB: S$532,768

Condominium: S$1,780,051

Landed: S$5,063,507


Average cost of renovating a Singaporean house in 2021 are as follows:

HDB: S$55,000

Condominium: S$60,500

Landed: S$145,500

If you want to learn how to save on your renovation, see here: https://www.dreamakersinterior.com/promotion or contact us for a non-obligatory consultation here: https://www.dreamakersinterior.com/contact-us


Do note that when choosing between a build-to-order (BTO) versus a resale property, keep in mind that resale properties are usually more costly than BTO flat. Usually this amount is pretty high for the average Singaporean, thus aside from withdrawing from your Central Provident Fund (CPF) account, you may want to consider taking a loan to fund your new home.


Taking a loan

The amount of CPF Ordinary Account (OA) savings you can use is subject to the CPF housing limits, namely the Valuation Limit (VL) and Withdrawal Limit (WL).OA.


Purchasing multiple properties

Purchasing other properties with HDB flat has some limitations in Singapore. By law, there is a minimum occupation period of 5 years. This means that a person cannot own more than one HDB flat concurrently. In the event that this happens, he or she will be required to sell of the other HDB flat within 6 months.


Loan-To-Value (LTV) Limit

If you are buying an HDB flat, you can apply for an HDB Concessionary Loan. The Loan-To-Value (LTV) limit for HDB Concessionary Loan is up to 90% of the property value or selling price, whichever has a lower value. The remaining 10% can be financed with cash and/or your Ordinary Account from your CPF savings.

If you are buying an HDB flat, you can also choose to take a private bank loan.

The LTV limit for private bank loans is up to 75% of the property value or selling price, whichever has a lower value. The remaining 25% is split into 20%, which can be paid using cash and/or your Ordinary Account from your CPF savings, and a minimum of 5% compulsory cash component.


👉 Check out our other useful infographics: https://www.dreamakersinterior.com/blog 👈


At Dreamakers Interior we believe that every space has the potential to become unique, harmonial and beautiful. We are proud of what we do and are prepared to work overtime to guarantee that you are satisfied with the way your space looks. From full-scale projects to small renovations, we invite you to take a look at our gallery and see what we have done. Below are some of our favorite projects. If you need professional help for design conceptualization or space planning, let us know

👉 Our portfolio: https://www.dreamakersinterior.com/portfolio 👈

👉 Chat with our interior designers: https://www.dreamakersinterior.com/contact-us 👈

Recent Posts

See All

About Us
Dreamakers Interior Pte Ltd is a one-stop interior design firm in Singapore that builds and innovates home and commercial spaces. Make your dream space into a reality with:

✓Design People You Can Trust

✓Qualified designers

✓Transparent Pricing

 

Talk To Us

Contact us for an appointment today on Facebook or Instagram!

Visit our showroom (by appointment only) at

452 MacPherson Rd, Singapore 368171

452 MacPherson Road, Singapore

© Copyright 2020 Dreamakers Interior Pte Ltd