The idea of hiring an Interior Designer (ID) to renovate a home may be new to some. So, why should you engage one?
1. TIME EFFICIENT One of the things most people need would be more time. There’s never enough hours in the day to get through everything on our to-do list. So, leave all the scheduling & coordinating to an ID, the EXPERIENCED PROFESSIONAL who would know what needs to be done & when it needs to be done.
2. COST-SAVING Contrary to popular belief, engaging an ID could save you money in the long-run. IDs HELP YOU AVOID CRITICAL MISTAKES by anticipating issues & problems that may arise. Some of these mistakes could end up costing you a lot more money if overlooked.
3. PROFESSIONAL EYE IDs are there to help you plan your space efficiently. Their TRAINED EYES would help you spot things that you are likely to miss in your planning. They can gather a lot of information just by looking at your floorplan. Careful and efficient space planning make all the difference.
4. EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATOR It is quite difficult for homeowners to match the level of communication IDs have with all the various contractors and suppliers. They speak the ‘renovation’ language and communicate with the electricians, carpenters, tilers and other suppliers. Clear communication with each supplier or contractor ENSURES YOUR VISION IS TRANSLATED INTO REALITY.
5. FUNCTIONAL DESIGN Every so often, we get home owners who wish to have a certain feature in their home without realizing its impracticality. Having a FUNCTIONAL home is essential. Minimise your design woes and regrets by seeking the advice of an ID.
Hiring an interior designer is not just about getting expert advice on the aesthetics. It's also about how to make the best decision on the practical applications to reflect your lifestyle.